Here are highlights from a Department of Fish and Game summary of the 2011 fall salmon season on the Yukon River:
• The commercial harvest of 238,979 fall chum salmon was the largest since 1995.
• The commercial harvest of 76,303 coho salmon was the largest since 1991.
• All salmon were sold "in the round" and no salmon roe was sold separately.
• The ex-vessel value of the catch was an excellent $2.1 million, including $1.6 million for fall chum and $478,960 for coho.
• A total of 410 permit holders participated in the fishery.
Troopers cite Sitka troller
2 days ago